There are times when I feel homesick, when I miss certain things about being back in the states. Times when not only do I miss all of the people I love and care about, but I also miss things that are so typically American, it feels as though a lifetime will pass before I can get that taste of home back again.
So, what things do I miss?
- Peanut Butter M & M’s
- Rotel (yes, seriously)
- Hidden Valley Ranch Mix
- Jif Natural Creamy Peanut Butter
- Almond Joy
- Bath & Body Works
- World Market
- Trees full of bright, beautiful colors during autumn.
- The American Flag
- The American National Anthem
- Young & The Restless (don’t judge)
- Traffic (yes, I’m being serious… once you deal with traffic over here, traffic in the states seems like a piece of cake).
- I’m sure there’s more, but for the life of me I cannot think of them right now.
Above all of the stuff and all of the things, I miss my family and friends the most. I miss seeing them whenever I want, being able to talk and laugh with them face to face, going for a meal, making fun memories, and just sharing life in general.
I may be here in England with my love, but my heart is divided between two countries and as long as I’m away from the states, my heart will convince me of the great ability to be in two places at once.